Friday, December 28, 2007

IS RON PAUL GOD? OR IS HE A FALSE PROPHET?

Here is a letter I wrote in the comment section of Op Ed News. All these left leaning people are coming out for Ron Paul, and here is my opinion! Well a question actually!
Jayne County
RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL. DOES HE LIKE ME!!!???.
Well, what I want to know is, will Ron Paul respect EVERYONE*S rights including my rights as a Transgender American??? Will I be able to change my passport sex from BLANK to SHE? Will I be allowed to marry the man of my dreams? Will I be allowed to serve in the Army and trot around the base looking like I just steped out of an old 40*s Andrews Sisters film? (A little chuckle is called for here!) But seriously, I have to be concerned for all my GLBT brothers and sisters. I fought in the Stonewall Riots and marched for Women*s Lib and against the Vietnam War. I fought in the 60*s for EVERYONE*S rights, and here I am just turning 60 and I myself still do not have my full rights! Does Ron Paul care about people *like me?* I my friends am also one of WE THE PEOPLE! I pay taxes but do not have full rights! That is Taxation Without Representation, and I believe that was one of the major reasons for the *first* American Revolution! Sexual and Gender deversity is as important as cultural! Why? Because we are! We exist! We have for THOUSANDS of years. In Babylon, Sumer, Egypt, Greece, Rome and NOW!!! You could try to kill us, or put us in concentration camps as others have tried, but isn*t it time for people to realize that Transgender people like myself as well as all GLBT people, deserve to be treated as human beings? I worry about Ron Paul*s attitude toward people of deverse sexuality and gender. What I am totally against, is religious people using God and The Bible as an excuse to promote bigotry against me! Being Scotch/Irish and having Cherokee Indian on all sides of my family, I have studied the evil treatment that our Native Americans had fostered on them by white Europeans, all in the name of GOD! (*And I will drive out the Cannanites from your land.*) It was all done cause we as a nation had *God On Our Side.* (Thank you Bob Dylan.) And I have also studied how people once used God and The Bible to promote slavery. Now I hear the same things toward peoople like me! All the Bible verses and twisted interpertations that call for my *stoning to death.* Will Ron Paul defend my rights from those who want to persecute and destroy me? Or will he just ignore me? Or mayby just close his eyes and wish that I would go away, like alot of people do! But when you open your eyes from all the wishing, and come back to reality, there I am! STILL THERE and waiting for my rights! Will Ron Paul be MY president as well? Or will he simple stand by and watch people use God and the Bible to treat me like a third class citizen or even worse! Mayby a good lynching would be in order! Will I have to MOVE to Amsterdam, London, Canada, or Spain etc to have my rights as a Transgender person?? Or will Ron Paul give me my freedom and let me cross over the Jordan river with everyone else? Do tell me. Do tell me Ron Paul! What do you have in store for me? Freedom, or slavery? Will you listen to the voices of FREEDOM, or to the twisted, religious, fundamentalist cries of *STONE HER TO DEATH!?* Sincerely, Jayne County (Please excuse any bad spelling or grammar.) P. S. Could you please inform me pretty soon? I need to know how many items I can pack in my bag when the time comes for me and my kind to FLEE INTO THE WILDERNESS! I already have my copy of Lotte Lenya singing Kurt Weill and Bert Brecht! Funny. They too had to flee, when their government turned on them!!! Oh, will the lessons of the Weimar Republic ever be learned?
by jaynecounty (0 articles, 0 quicklinks, 12 comments) on Friday, December 28